RB : Prologue
"Let us get up … at long last, for the Scriptures rouse us when they say, “It is high time for us to arise from sleep (Romans 13:11).” Let us open our eyes to the light that comes from God, and our ears to the voice from heavens that every day calls out its charge: “If you hear God’s voice today, do not harden your hearts (Psalm 95:8).”
Shared Practices and Corporate Rhythms
Abbey Way’s model of faith community centers in shared spiritual practices and corporate rhythms versus programs or events. With less energy put into developing and maintaining a wide range of ministry opportunities, more time is freed up to be together as a community of faith, sharing common life through meals, prayer, study, and play, while releasing people in mission within the context of their neighborhoods and workplaces. We desire to create a way of living the Gospel life together that will sustain and nurture each person in and out of every season.
Some of the practices Abbey Way is choosing to incorporate into its rhythm of life together are:
- Daily: Morning and Evening Prayer and Meditation (Lectio Divina)
- Weekly: Gathering for Worship & Communion
- Bi-monthly: Home Groups (Chapter House) meet for a meal, prayer and connection
- Monthly: Individual Spiritual Reflection or Group Direction / Shared Sunday Meal
- Quarterly: Mission/Service
- Yearly: Community and Personal Retreat
Placing a high value on each person’s spiritual growth and ability to hear God, we endeavor to make space for wholistic interaction between both young and old, male and female, married and single as much as is appropriate and helpful for all.